Monday, January 23, 2006

Tools

When I was young I remember making brownies from scratch. When I was in high school I did not cook much. At the time I was helping my father build a two-story house and my sisters job was to cook. My father use to tease me, he said that I couldn’t boil water. Well one day he decided that my sister and I needed to change jobs. I was worried about my tools and what my sister would do with them.

He set up the ground rules and would grade me from one to ten, ten being the highest. He wanted the meals to taste good, be balanced, everything had to be the correct temperature and had to be on the table at a certain time. I would have this new job for one week.

At the beginning of the week I received very low scores but by the end I made a ten. The next day I went back to my normal carpentry job and boy were my tools a mess. It took me longer than a week to find everything.

2 comments:

Bridgette Guerzon Mills said...

hey jac! Found your blog through Lela. Love reading you writings about food. :)

JMC designs said...

Hey girl! Glad to see you here!!