Thursday, January 19, 2006

Recipes and cooking

I am always on the outlook for good food. When I find a good recipe I try it and try it till I fully understand what makes it good. Then I start to improve on it. I am always trying to make the recipes healthier.
I was trained by a famous chef in South Korea; Jung Soon Ahn. She taught me in the old fashion way, by showing. She created the dishes over and over and never the same way twice. I would watch, learn and taste till I understood why she did what she did. At the time I did not realize she was famous in her country and had won many presitigeous awards. It wasn't till we went out to eat that I started to realize her cooking was very good.
The irony of our wonderful relationship is that she only understood a few words of English and I understood only the few words about food that she taught me. But we communicated as if there were no language barrior at all.

No comments: